WishBone Medical is a Warsaw, Indiana based pediatric orthopedic company focused on the unmet needs of children suffering from orthopedic challenges by providing anatomically appropriate innovative implants and instruments in sterile packed, single-use, disposable kits to surgeons for children who are still growing.
The pediatric orthopedic market is large and expanding. Currently, the U.S. market is over $1 billion and the global market exceeds $2.5 billion, growing at 10 to 11% per year. Of the 3,425 hospitals performing pediatric orthopedic surgery in the U.S., 62% of all procedures are done in only 268 dedicated children’s hospitals. The other 38% of procedures are done in large hospitals with pediatric programs, emergency room trauma settings, or surgery centers. There is very little focused competition. Only two other companies focus on this market and the large orthopedic companies ignore pediatrics, focusing on the almost $50 billion adult hip, knee, and spine market.
WishBone Medical will focus on this unmet need for pediatric implants, sold through a highly motivated variable cost sales force, delivered through an economical method and driven by an extremely talented team with over centuries of orthopedic experience.