The Response Ortho UniX Rail Fixator is a low profile alternative for multiplanar deformity correction. The external fixation system is capable of many applications including, but not limited to, limb lengthening (single level and bi-focal), angular corrections and fusions. Fracture fixations, derotational and angular osteotomies and other proximal femur reconstruction procedures are also enabled by the UniX Rail Fixator.
- Standard Clamp allows fixation of two different C/D units (especially for bi-focal cases) and includes four different screw slots for strong fixation. The K-Wire hole on the clamps is for adjusting the clamp level on the bone segment.
- Angular Correction Clamp is capable of up to 50° of angular correction (25° from neutral in either direction) for incremental angular correction allowing 1 degree per turn/ click.
- Translation Clamp offers up to 20mm of medial/lateral translation (10mm from neutral in either direction). It is especially beneficial in extensive lengthening procedures where varus translation is a common occurrence.
- Acute Correction Clamp allows acute angular correction and includes serrated locking mechanism to provide stronger fixation after the correction.
- Ring Adapters allow for ring-wire and/or screw fixation in different planes. The system involves a straight ring adapter and an angular ring adapter to fix the ring with a deformity-specific angulation. The UniX Rail Fixator system uses Smart Correction rings to combine ring fixation and unilateral fixation, especially for rotational bifocal femoral deformities.
- Dynamization Component provides dynamic fixation for faster healing.
- Compression/Distraction Unit allows for gradual compression and/or distraction and supports the system’s axial resistance. Each full turn of the C/D unit will compress and/or distract the bone segments for 1 mm.
- Half Pins are all tapered and provide differing options
- Titanium and stainless steel material
- 4.5mm and 6.0mm diameter
- Blunt and trocar point tip geometry
- Standard and Hydroxyapatite (HA) coated surface
The UniX Rail Fixator provides two different sizes appropriate for both adult and pediatric patients.