Smart Correction® Computer-Assisted Circular Hexapod External Fixator System is a copyrighted software based deformity correction and fracture reduction tool.
Smart Correction® is designed for the treatment of open and closed fractures, limb lengthening, non-unions, malunions and pseudo arthrosis of long bones.
The frame is comprised of rings, struts, wire and screw clamps, articular hinge and variety of wire and screws. Advanced materials used in the external fixation system creates a strong but lightweight frame, allowing for convenient usage, enhanced patient comfort and MRI compatibility. The system provides easy application, high mechanical stability and precise correction in all planes via unique web based software with radiographic navigation at www.smartcorrection.com.
Competitive advantages of the surgeon friendly, computer-assisted Smart Correction® external fixator include:
- No reference ring
- No master tab
- No mounting parameters
- Free strut placement
- Faster calculation with advanced Radiographic Navigation Software
Smart Correction Components
- Lightweight carbon fiber (8mm) and medical grade aluminum (6mm)
- Parallel dual holes for optimal wire and screw positioning
- Variable rings — Full Ring, 2/3 Ring, 1/3 Ring, Foot Ring between 105mm and 300mm diameter with 15mm increase
- 1/3, 2/3, and Full ring options help surgeons create different frames for diaphyseal and/or metaphyseal bones
- Lightweight struts manufactured from aluminum and titanium composition
- Wide range of struts in 7 different sizes offer osseous compression and distraction between 55mm to 495mm
- Safe mechanism employing ball and spring technique for prevention of unexpected length changes
- Strut types; standard for foot and pediatric cases involving minimized lengths and express for acute adjustments or fracture reductions
Wires and Screws
The Smart Correction® Computer-Assisted Circular Hexapod External Fixator System offers different material and design options with variable wires and screws. Titanium screws prevent irritation for patients with nickel allergy and contributes to a lighter frame assembly.
- Tapered Screws for better bone purchase
- Trocar and/or Blunt Screws for faster drilling applications
- Hydroxyapatite (HA) Coated Screws for improved bone integration in long term applications
- Standard and/or Olive Wires provide a variety of surgical applications
- Olive Wires are intended to hold bone fragments in place and maintain compressive force to prevent shifting of fragments and accelerate osteogenesis
Wire and Screw Clamps
The Smart Correction® system offers a broad range of tools to assist in surgical procedures for wire and screw fixation, including:
- Wire Clamp
- Advanced Wire Clamp
- Screw Clamp
- Advanced Screw Clamp
- EasyLock Screw Clamp